Sunday 5 July 2009

Play Me, I'm Yours

Play Me, I'm Yours











Walking to Hammersmith Farmer's Market in Lyric Square I came across some music being played. Not noticing a music venue being there before, I was curious to know where it was coming from. Upon entering the square I saw a piano standing in the middle available for the general public to play.

'Play Me, I'm Yours' is a living artwork by artist Luke Jerram that has been touring since 2008. The project involves 30 pianos installed around the public spaces of London to encourage the city populace to engage and connect with each other.

Previous installations were hugely successful having travelled internationally to far away places such as Sao Paulo and Sydney.

The pianos will be available until the 13th July. Be sure to have a tinkle on the ivories when you walk past one.

1 comment: